Saturday, July 10, 2010

'Spring Bursts' original painting by Dianne Connolly


- 24x20x3/4 inch acrylic on stretched, boxed canvas.
I painted this in 2003 when I was first getting aquainted with using Acrylics after years and years of soley painting with oils. It's actually one of my favorite expressive abstracts and almost parted company with me when an art buyer visiting from Germany spotted it hanging on my lounge wall at home and offered me good money for it but somehow I wasn't quite ready to relinquish this one, but she didn't leave empty handed as I quickly diverted her interest to another painting, a still-life with loads of fruit, which was just as colorful. My family members were not impressed with me either, for turning down a sale offer as such!

1 comment:

  1. Nice piece dianne, what meduim do you work in , is it acryli?

    pete

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.